Man blows up kitchen while trying to swat fly


Aman in France accidentally blew up part of his house while trying to chase a fly with an electric swat.

According to details, the 80-year-old man was eating his dinner when the constant buzzing of a fly around him irritated him. He picked up an electric fly swatter to aim at it. At the same time, a gas canister was leaking in his home.

A reaction between the fly swatter and the gas resulted in an explosion, destroying the kitchen and partially damaging the roof of his house.
Fortunately, the old man was not seriously injured and only suffered a burn on his hand. The man has moved to a campsite while his family repairs his house.