12-year-old boy gets life-saving surgery after swallowing 54 toy magnets

40

12-year-old boy gets life-saving surgery after swallowing 54 toy magnets

A 12-year-old schoolboy in Manchester underwent life-saving surgery after he deliberately swallowed 54 toy magnets.

Rhiley Morrison, hailing from Prestwich, ate the magnetic balls to see if they would make metal objects stick to his stomach besides being curious about what they would look like when he passed them.

It was only after the metal balls didn’t appear four days later he told his mother Paige Ward that he had swallowed two “by accident”.