Name:  14611096_1798373493708676_7221207929102680960_n-696x417.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  29.2 KB

اسلام و علیکم وزیراعظم صاحب،
    میں ایک محب وطن پاکستانی ہوں، بالکل ویسے ہی جیسے
    Categories
    Politics
  2. This Muharram, I realised that my father’s childhood is still alive

The beggar who did his beat in my old neighbourhood knew his audience well. The whole year he would beg by lamenting his misfortune with mixed results, but from the first day of Muharram he would change his tactic.

In his high pitched but sonorous voice he would invoke the names of the Prophet’s (pbuh) family and the martyrs of Karbala. At some point he had come to the conclusion that the street my house was on was populated by Shias who would be moved to give charity when he called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pakistan, India and Bangladesh have always been much better off without the British

In 1944, Beverley Nichols’ sensational Verdict on India came out with a slap in the face of what we know today as Bangladesh, India and Pakistan — or BIP, to duck a mouthful. Nichols thoughtlessly trashed BIP’s society and culture, out-doing Churchill’s well-known:

“I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion.”

The religion might have been Hinduism, but the cigar-puffing fat man’s book, The River War, reveals as much contempt for Muslims. Nichols’ ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. ’پاپا کو گندم کی بوری کی طرح پھینکا‘

صدف جس مکان میں بیٹھی ہے اس کی کچی دیواریں صرف عورتوں اور بچوں کی سسکیوں سےگونج رہی ہیں، ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. We lack the wisdom to raise our sons the way we raise our daughters

Before our son Kareem was born, my wife Priya, my daughter Madina and I were on a flight and we ended up sitting next to a woman who was expecting her first child. I sat in the middle seat between Priya and the expecting woman while the two of them discussed things only an expecting mother could discuss with another mother. At one point we asked if she knew the gender of her baby and she said,

“A boy thankfully. I am so relieved.”

As she went on to explain why she’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast